Wooh, that was completely out of the blues! More surprising it came from a person we never interacted before. The world is small, and the social media make it even smaller. Thanks to Priti from absolutewanderlust for the nomination – she is a passionate part-time traveler from New Zealand.
This is a very late post, as we were nominated more than 2 months back!!! But few things in personal life, kept it at bay! 🙂
Initially, I had no idea what a Liebster award is! Based on my research: Liebster is a German word and the ‘Liebster Award’ is an internet blog award, which is given by one blogger to another based on the content, has less followers and the receiver has to pass it to others to make sure that it goes on and chain is not broken. I like this concept, as it’s a nice way to compliment the upcoming/new bloggers and at the same time marketing them.
So, what I have is: 11 questions from Priti which we have to answer and put across our 11 questions and nominate few other upcoming blogs/bloggers.
Without much delay, here we go:
1. Describe yourself in three words….
Deepa: Shopoholic, organized & friendly.
Kapil: Adaptive, Passionate & a Nerd (even though I don’t look like one!).
2. During your travels, which country has surprised you in a positive way and why?
Deepa: Poland, blown away by the their immense culture and friendliness behaviour.
Kapil: Every country has left some positive remark on me in one way or other. However, I was (still am) surprised by Denmark – irrespective of how small it is, it has a tons of places to explore from small cities to towns to islands to forests and in terms of architecture & design as well!
3. Describe the moment when you fell in love with travelling…
Deepa: Swiss trip in Oct’12, particularly the train ride from Luzern to Interlaken! The moment when I started cherishing the beautiful landscapes leaving behind the city’s noise.
Kapil: During my first bike trip with friends in 2008. It was our first long bike trip (of > 100 kms), nothing was planned, no place was booked for stay and even our bikes were not serviced or checked before departure, none of us had prior experience in driving so long distance. And yet we did it in style, driving at night and in rain through national and state highways from Bangalore to Puducherry in India. You can read the complete travelogue here.
4. Which destination is at top of your bucket list and why?
Deepa: Being a Bollywood fan, it’s Greece, especially it’s islands.
Kapil: I usually don’t have a bucket list and if I had, all places would be on top. However, if there is one place that I would like to keep (just for the sake!) – it would be the place where I was born and bought up – Andaman & Nicobar Islands. NO..Not becuase I lived there for so long or belong there, but mainly because I have lived there for so long and yet I have discovered so little of the islands!!
5. What do you struggle with the most as a travel blogger?
Keeping up with our posts. Somehow not getting there!!
6. What’s the strangest food you’ve eaten while overseas and was it good?
Deepa: Being very picky about my food and my taste buds, I didn’t ended up in that situation ever….no, never!!!
Kapil: Smoked pork ears from our trip to Vilnius last September. Yes, that’s true and a beer appetizer actually – quite outside the normal dining table and really weird as it sounds. You have to chew it a lot to eat it and it’s basically raw. I liked it to begin with, but then after 4 pieces I called off!!
7. Besides your passport, name three essentials items that we’d find in your carry-on?
Deepa: Perfume, shades, and a list of what things I can eat and where to get it!
Kapil: My phone (for camera & tech stuffs), sunglasses and an extra pair of shoes.
8. What is your most memorable travel experience?
Deepa: My very first travel to Paris including Disneyland Paris.
Kapil: Of course, the first bike trip from Bangalore to Puducherry.
9. What is your favorite movie or book about travel?
There are lot of them, however, Bollywood preferred 🙂 it’s Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara. A story about three friends, living in different cities and travelling through Spain as part of their bachelor trip – a journey where they find their inner-selves based on experiences! Just like travel teaches each one of us a different aspect of our lives!
10. If you had the opportunity to travel with a famous person, past or present, who would it be and why?
Deepa: Australian cricketer ‘Brett Lee’; becuase of childhood crush! 😉
Kapil: I would pick the famous traveler ‘Rick Steves’ and would want to explore Europe his way.
11. Where’s your next travel destination?
The tentative plan is to travel to Brussels in August for the Flower Carpet show. We had been to Brussels before (and few other cities in Belgium) and totally loved it, so definitely excited 🙂
Okay, our time to pick 11 questions and here they are:
- Describe your travel personality in 3 words.
- What made you venture into the blogging world?
- Name three favourite places you’ve been so far
- What was your very first travel memory?
- Your funniest travel memory?
- What’s your top 3 food around the world?
- Snow or Sun? Nature or City? What do you choose?
- How do you define our travel style?
- If you could travel back in time, what period would you visit?
- If you are given a free flight ticket for your next travel, which destination would you pick and why?
And, our nominations for the Liebster Award are:
Diana from Stylepoetry
Val from travelhooked.com
Himanshu from everythingcandid.com
Valentina from redheadsdontcare
Stephanie from travelsfrance.com
Until next time, keep tasting the travel!